*911 Problem...change in how session cookie is being utilized or stored...driving me and the customer's staff batty, constant log outs.

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 3   (RSS)

By Dave - April 1

Hi Codee,

That field is required so it will auto-generate a value if you don't enter one.  It's the name of the cookie uses to associate session cookies with the user.  You can try changing it to another value such as PHPSESSID2 and see if that helps.

However, if the issue persists feel free to fill out a second level support request with all the details and I can try and reproduce it on my end: 
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

I'm not aware of any current issues that would cause the logouts but happy to investigate.

Let me know how we can best help, thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Codee - April 1 - edited: April 1

...oh...that's funny...I didn't think you'd respond so quickly and in the last 10min or so I decided to test another site I built with cmsb (using the same webhost as the site I wrote about) that was using v 3.64 and updated it to 3.66.  I performed the same functions between 2 tabs: 1 open to cmsb and the other 1 open to the live front site for that domain.  No problems.  I am able to swap between tabs, even open others, and no logging out.

* Ok, so in case it's a bad character or something I went ahead and changed the session ID to PHPSESSID2_cms_5ab  .  Still having the issue. When I click or open another tab (to view the live public side of the site) and immediately click back to the tab in which cmsb was logged in...and it still logs me out. 

I'm guessing I should fill in a 2nd level support request.

Thank you kindly, Dave!

By Dave - April 3

Hi Terry, 

Just wanted to confirm this is resolved.  I'll send you more info over email.  Let me know any questions.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com