Free Theme (for learning) abut integration of theme with CMS Builder

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 8, 2015   (RSS)

By HemantG - July 5, 2015 - edited: July 5, 2015

Hi,

Is there any free theme available like paid one.

If somebody wants to get familiar with the concepts of integration of a theme (with CMS Builder), then what is the suggested way to proceed?

By gregThomas - July 6, 2015

Hey HemantG,

Unfortunately we don't have any free example themes. The forum is great resource for the different aspects of integration a theme (creating menus, slideshows, breaking a page up into templates, etc). 

When I've done theme integrations I take the following steps:

• When choosing a theme, I'd normally try to use a bootstrap theme or basic html template, http://themeforest.net/ is a great resource. If possible try to avoid themes for other CMS systems as these are more complicated to integrate. 
  • Next set up the sections you're going to need in CMS Builder, and then generate the example code for them using the code generator system.
  • Ensure that you break up the HTML template, any code that will appear on every page should go into header and footer files that you can include on pages where they're required. This will save you having to repeat code for menus, headers etc. I normally have the following files:
  • _init.php - Used to include the viewer functions and any getRecord functions used on every page (for example for a table of navigation records).
    _header.php - Used to include the head and navigation that's used on every page.
    _footer.php - Used to store closing tags and load JS code. 

• Add the required code from the code generator into your template files, ensure that you have viewer functions at the top of your page. 

Let me know if you have any specific questions about theme integration. 

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By HemantG - July 6, 2015

Many thanks for your efforts to put light over this query.

Can you please also suggest any beginer ebook / tutorial which can help us to effectively use CMS builder and its integration with theme to get a direction in a sequential way.

By Dave - July 8, 2015

Hi Guys, 

I'll also add that Jerry has a free trial here, so I'd take advantage of that:
http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php  

Cheers!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com