Show States if a record exists

15 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 16, 2015   (RSS)

Thanks Claire

Works awesome!

Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Ok Claire,

The client has added another filter to the mix. They have asked that there be just a list of "agricultural" or "recreational" dealers.

I created a new separate list "dealer_types"(multiple check boxes) and associated it in the dealers section using the field name "type".

What I BELIEVE I need is a "if" {  continue;  } statement to filter only 1 type of dealer by the record number. Or an "if" "else" statement maybe..

<?php foreach ($canadian_statesRecords as $key=>$record): ?>
                                       <? // load records from 'dealers'
                                         list($dealersRecords, $dealersMetaData) = getRecords(array(
                                         'tableName'   => 'dealers',
                                         'loadUploads' => false,
                                         'allowSearch' => false,
                                         'where' => "providences LIKE '%\t". mysql_escape($record['num']) . "\t%'",
                                          ));
                                        ?>
                            <?php if(empty($dealersRecords)) { continue; } ?>
                                <section class="toggle<?php if ($key == 0) { echo " active"; } ?>">
                                    <label><?php echo htmlencode($record['title']) ?></label>
                                    <div class="toggle-content">
                                    <?php foreach ($dealersRecords as $dealer): ?>
                                    <?php IF DEALER "TYPE" NUM = ANYTHING BUT "1" { continue; } ?> //  I will assign which record number I want to filter
                                    <div class="panel-body">
                                      <strong><?php echo htmlencode($dealer['title']) ?></strong><br/>
                                             <p>
                                              <?php echo htmlencode($dealer['address']) ?><br/>
                                              <?php echo htmlencode($dealer['phone']) ?><br/>
                                              Contact: <?php echo htmlencode($dealer['contact_name']) ?>
                                             </p>
                                         <hr>
                                     </div>
                                     <?php endforeach ?>
                                    </div>
                                </section>
                            <?php endforeach ?>

Let me know what you think,

Thanks
Michael

Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

By claire - February 13, 2015

Yeah, that'd definitely work. Looks like you don't need my help in fact :P

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By claire - February 16, 2015

Sure, here's how the line should look:

<?php if($dealer['num'] != 1 { continue; } ?> //  I will assign which record number I want to filter

--------------------

Claire Ryan
interactivetools.com

Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/