Showing records from 2 tables

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 2, 2013   (RSS)

By jjem - June 21, 2013

Hello,

This doesn't concern the front end but only cmsAdmin.

I have 3 tables:

"works", "creations", "performers".

in the "creations" table, I have a list fields where I can select "performers" (by first_name and name).

in the "works" table, I would like to be able to select from a list that comes from the "creations" table.

it works but I'd like to show the "performers"  first_name, and  name. For now it only shows  "num" field, which doesn't help.

Thanks for your help

By Jason - June 24, 2013

Hi,

To help us clarify exactly what you are looking for, are  you trying to associate a work with a creation, just using performer names as a label, or are you trying to associate a work with a perform that has a creation?

Let me know and we'll see about designing a solution for you.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By jjem - July 1, 2013

Hi,

I will try to make this clearer, sorry.

I first enter the first_name and the name of the performers in the "performers" table.

In the "Creations" table, I enter date, venue, etc. and I can then choose a performer in a list (multi check list) that comes from the "perfoermers" table.

I then create a work in the "works" table, where I can associate a creation to it (drawn from the "creations" table). In that multi check field I was able to show the date and city but the performer is shown only by its "num" and not first_name, name. See attached file.

In clear;)

I am trying to associate a creation that has one or more performers to a work.