Show/Hide Dependant Fields - Uploads Fix?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 29, 2012   (RSS)

By Perchpole - May 27, 2012

Hello, All -

I wondered if anyone knew of a workaround for the bug/feature which results in upload fields being rendered very tall?!!

It's a very annoying quirk of an otherwise extremely useful little plugin.

:0/

Perch

Re: [Perchpole] Show/Hide Dependant Fields - Uploads Fix?

By Jason - May 29, 2012

Hi Perch,

I haven't encountered this particular issue before, could you provide some extra information?

Does this happen to any upload field in a section using the show/hide plugin, or only upload fields that are being shown/hidden?

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Show/Hide Dependant Fields - Uploads Fix?

By Perchpole - May 29, 2012

Hi, Jason -

The latter. When an Upload field is "revealed" it's very, very tall!

I have a simple menu in place to switch between two different types of editor set-up: simple and advanced.

My upload field is in the advanced set-up and once revealed it takes up almost half the monitor screen.

It's really annoying and makes the plugin very difficult to deploy in a commercial project (because it just doesn't work right.).

:0/

Perch

Re: [Perchpole] Show/Hide Dependant Fields - Uploads Fix?

By Perchpole - May 29, 2012

Hi, Jason -

I've just had a look at the underlying code of the that appears in the editor window. Under normal circumstances an upload field would look like this:

<iframe width="100%" height="89" frameborder="0" class="uploadIframe" src="?menu=record&amp;action=uploadList&amp;fieldName=picture&amp;num=&amp;preSaveTempId=x4fc5155facc47" id="picture_iframe"></iframe>

However, when using the plugin - and after "revealing" the field - it looks like this:

<iframe width="100%" height="800" frameborder="0" class="uploadIframe" src="?menu=record&amp;action=uploadList&amp;fieldName=galleryImage&amp;num=&amp;preSaveTempId=x4fc5155facc47" id="galleryImage_iframe"></iframe>

Some how it now has a height of 800px. No wonder it's so tall!

:0)

Perch