Moving install - not making sense

15 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 23, 2012   (RSS)

By Damon - March 5, 2012

Hi,

Those instructions from Chris are fairly old (2009) and applied to CMS Builder 1.x.

In CMS Builder 2.x, there isn't a "isInstalled = 1" flag inside the settings.dat.php file anymore but instead and actual file is created in the /data/ directory after installation:

/data/isInstalled.php

Delete this file or rename it isInstalled.php.old (for example) and then you will get the installation form when you go to the CMS Builder admin.php file in your browser.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or would like more details, please let me know.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Moving install - not making sense

By sublmnl - March 6, 2012

Thanks all I needed to get started.
I moved the files and set up the DB on the new host last night.
I did what you said and renamed the install file then went in the settings.dat.php file and changed the relevant info.
Then i brought up the site on the new host preview DNS and set up the Admin section with the restore option from a backed up copy from yesterday.

One thing to note here, be sure you place your backup DB file on the server. I forgot and it quickly hit me.

Thanks Itools team.

Re: [Damon] Moving install - not making sense

By Toledoh - May 23, 2012

Hi Guys,

I've removed the isInstalled.php, but when I run cmsAdmin/admin.php I get the error;

Upload directory doesn't exists, please update 'uploadDir' in /data/settings.dat.php
Current uploadDir value: /home/client1/cocco/www/cmsAdmin/uploads/
Suggested uploadDir value: uploads/ or ../uploads/

This is the paths identified on the old server, ie. in the settings.dat.php - but because the isInstalled.php files isn't there I was expecting to get the install screen...

Any ideas?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Moving install - not making sense

By Dave - May 23, 2012

Hi Tim,

Try editing settings.dat.php and change /home/client1/cocco/www/cmsAdmin/uploads/ to uploads/

That should work on any server and once done the upload screen will appear.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com