File Permissions on Uploads - Windows Server 2008 R2

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 4, 2011   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - May 3, 2011

Hello, I have a site that had been hosted on Linux without any issues, but due to the potential of needing some .Net development, they have opted to move to a Windows server.

This server runs Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with the Plesk control panel, but we have access to Remote Desktop, so I can pretty much mess with anything I want on the system.

The problem with this system is that the permissions are set to allow full control on the uploads directory and it is set to propagate these permissions to all child objects, but whenever I upload a new file, it is not getting the ownership information the same as the parent folder.

This is happening on the main site as well as the development site which is really just a subdomain off the main domain.

Assume the main domain has a path of c:\sites\site, the development site has a path of c:\sites\site\dev

I have applied and re-applied the permissions, both through plesk and through the operating system directly and still have the same issue.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary.

Re: [garyhoffmann] File Permissions on Uploads - Windows Server 2008 R2

By Damon - May 4, 2011

Hi Gary,

Glad to hear you were able to solve the Windows file permissions issue.

And thanks for that link to a fix. I have added that to my Favorites to have for quick reference if this issue comes up again in the forum.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/