POST ONCE TO 2 DIFFERENT SECTION EDITORS

34 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 5, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By weblinks - March 31, 2010

Chris..

Thanks for the code. WHERE DOES THE CODE GO on the lodging_southernvermont.php page?????

And, I presume it goes on a php page??????

If so, WHAT OTHER PHP CODE GOES ON THIS PAGE... AND WHERE?????

Please look at this page online at http://www.linkvermont.com/lodging-southernvermont.php

I also tried the page with the same code as an htm page.... and it displayed all or part of the the code online...
http://www.linkvermont.com/lodging_southernvermont.htm

Please get back to me asap... hopefully today.

Bob

Re: [weblinks] POST ONCE TO 2 DIFFERENT SECTION EDITORS

• Archived  

By Chris - March 31, 2010

Hi Bob,

The code I posted above is a complete PHP page. You'll need to change the "require_once" line at the top to be the same as your other viewers. Once you get it working, you can add all the extra code you need to make it belong on your site.

The URL you posted for the PHP page was incorrect. I guessed the correct URL (http://www.linkvermont.com/lodging_southernvermont.php.) If you view source, you can see that the page stops just after <!-- INSERT PHOTOLINK PHP CODE -->, so there's probably a PHP error just after that.

I'd like to help you figure out that error. Can you please post the complete PHP source code for your lodging_southernvermont.php page and the error message (if you can get it.)

If you don't know how to find the error message, you can ask your host to either point you to the error log or turn on "display_errors" for you so that PHP errors will show up on your webpages (this makes debugging so much easier!)
All the best,
Chris
  • Archived  

By weblinks - March 31, 2010

I am attaching a test file containing the code you requested.... Sorry... but I tested sending the file and could not open it upon receipt.... Security Problem????

Please read the text file carefully as there are no line numbers in the file. However, I do believe the Error Message will point out the problem. Again, please get back to me asap.

Bob
Attachments:

phpcoderequested.txt 5K

• Archived  

By Chris - March 31, 2010

Hi Bob,

You'll need to remove the ?> from here:

<?php
require_once "/netapp/whnas-swamp/s10/s10/01575/www.linkvermont.com/webdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";
?>
list($lodging_manchesterareaRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_manchesterarea' ));

Does that help?
All the best,
Chris
  • Archived  

By weblinks - April 1, 2010

Chris..

NO.. it only changes the error being displayed online[/#ff0000].... TO THIS....[/#ff0000]

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /netapp/whnas-swamp/s10/s10/01575/www.linkvermont.com/webdocs/lodging_southernvermont.php on line 228

FROM THIS....[/#ff0000]

list($lodging_manchesterareaRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_manchesterarea' )); list($lodging_weston_londonderryRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_weston_londonderry' )); list($lodging_chester_graftonRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_chester_grafton' )); list($lodging_brattleboro_newfaneRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_brattleboro_newfane' )); list($lodging_bellowsfalls_rockinghamRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_bellowsfalls_rockingham' )); list($lodging_bennington_arlingtonRecords, ) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'lodging_bennington_arlington' )); // combine all records collected above into one big list $southernvermontRecords = array_merge( $lodging_manchesterareaRecords, $lodging_weston_londonderryRecords, $lodging_chester_graftonRecords, $lodging_brattleboro_newfaneRecords, $lodging_bellowsfalls_rockinghamRecords, $lodging_bennington_arlingtonRecords ); // shuffle our list so the records are displayed in a random order shuffle($southernvermontRecords); // limit to the first 10 records (remove the // on the next line to make this work) //$southernvermontRecords = array_slice($southernvermontRecords, 0, 10); ?> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /netapp/whnas-swamp/s10/s10/01575/www.linkvermont.com/webdocs/lodging_southernvermont.php on line 228

The change did not seem to change the WARNING.. only the amount of code displayed.[/#ff0000]

Bob[/#000000]

• Archived  

By Chris - April 1, 2010

Hi Bob,

Well, it's a step in the right direction! Now your code is executing instead of just being displayed as HTML.

Can you please try to post the complete PHP source code for your lodging_southernvermont.php page so I can see what line 228 is?
All the best,
Chris
  • Archived  

Chris....

The only way you can see the LINE NUMBERS is via a SCREENPRINT.... ATTACHED BELOW.... Question.. the php code at the top of the page is as follows... is that ok???? Also, I HAVE NOT set up a SECTION for lodging-southernvermont... is that OK

TOP OF PAGE CODE;[/#ff0000]

<?php

require_once "/netapp/whnas-swamp/s10/s10/01575/www.linkvermont.com/webdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

SCREENPRINT ATTACHED[/#ff0000]

Bob[/#000000]

• Archived  

By Chris - April 1, 2010

Hi Bob,

A ha! I had assumed that the code turned into one long line in trying to get it posted onto the forum, but you actually have the code as one long line in your PHP page.

That won't do at all. You'll need to add those linebreaks back in.

P.S. Yes, your top-of-page code is fine.

P.P.S. Yes, it is okay that you don't have a section for lodging-southernvermont.
All the best,
Chris
  • Archived  

WE'RE GETTING THERE!

The records are now displaying... I now need to bold, etc. certain code... I don't think I'll have any problems with this and/or spacing...
See...[/#ff0000] http://www.linkvermont.com/lodging_southernvermont.php

However....[/#ff0000]

1. The images[/#ff0000] are not displaying... I thought I knew the answer, but it didn't work.... ?????
See... http://www.linkvermont.com/townsvill/manchesterarea/lodging.php

2. The icons[/#ff0000] are not displaying.... I also need help with this.
See... Same... http://www.linkvermont.com/townsvill/manchesterarea/lodging.php

I'm attaching[/#ff0000] a Screenprint of the code on the Manchester Page which displays both.... When you give me the code for the above... PLEASE show me PRECISELY where it goes.

Attachments:

screenprint_code_icons.png 136K

• Archived  

ANOTHER PROBLEM....

The postings ARE NOT ROTATING on the lodging-southernvermont.php page. And, they are all grouped by Section.. e.g. manchesterarea??????