Version 2.60 and Show/Hide Dependent Fields PLUS

15 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 23, 2014   (RSS)

By nmsinc - March 12, 2014

One last question - I have fields setup within a section that I only want users to access if they have a designation on "A or B" but not "C"; can fields be set to show or hide based on a user preference such as these?

Thanks again - nmsinc

nmsinc

By soylent17 - March 13, 2014

Do you mean integrating something like the "Show/Hide Fields For Users" plugin into this plugin?  At the moment, no, but it's something I could look into in the future.  I can work on some sort of compatibility function, but it may be a few days.

(Show/Hide Fields For Users: http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Show-Hide-Fields-For-Users-1036)

By nmsinc - March 13, 2014

Yes, I have specific users who need to have access to specific fields and restrict others - if this is an option you are considering, please let me know when you have something - Thanks nmsinc

nmsinc

By Toledoh - March 16, 2014

Hey Cy - thanks heaps for this.  It's an extremely helpful plugin!

I can't find where this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has). When an dependent field is a file upload, the vertical height of the upload section in the editor is huge.  How can we fix this?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By nmsinc - March 23, 2014

Just a quick note for others.

This is a great tool unless you have custom code with a drop down that is hidden - once the field is revealed and a choice is made within the dropdown, the plugin prevents the choice from being saved. Not sure why

nmsinc