CSV Import v1.02 Released (Updated Jan 24th)

20 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 1, 2011   (RSS)

By Djulia - February 1, 2011

Hi Dave,

1) It would be very interesting if it were possible to remove file CSV when the importation is finished.

2) It would be also interesting if it were possible to indicate the separator of the file csv.

Do You think that would be possible ?

Thanks ! :)

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] CSV Import v1.02 Released (Updated Jan 24th)

By Dave - February 1, 2011

Hi Djulia,

1) Are CSV files not getting removed when you complete an import? (are you using the latest version)?

2) What separators would you like to support? Can you give some examples when you'd use them?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Djulia - February 1, 2011

1) Not, the file is not removed.
I downloaded the version 1.02 (but, the Version indicate 1.01).

2) In Fact, the files have sometimes like separator ( ; or | )

Thanks !

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] CSV Import v1.02 Released (Updated Jan 24th)

By Dave - February 3, 2011

Hi Djulia,

Ok thanks, I'll check it out. Can you send me some sample files with those separators to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll see what we can do. Thanks!
interactivetools.com

By rez - February 27, 2011

I can only import 25 records out of 40 something. I noticed 1.02 addresses something about a 25 record situation?

I am also trying to download 1.02 and it seems to still be 1.01.

thanks.

Re: [rez] CSV Import v1.02 Released (Updated Jan 24th)

By Dave - February 28, 2011

Rez,

We may have missed that. If the changelog mentions 1.02 it's 1.02. I'll make a note to fix the version number for 1.03.

Either way, the 25 record issue should be resolved in the latest version you downloaded.

Let me know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,
interactivetools.com

By rez - February 28, 2011

Thanks Dave. I seems I am only able to import 25 records though. :( I have attached my csv file, guessing you might ask for it.

I had to split the file into two in order to get it in CMSB. Attached is the full version. It was importing items named p-t. i believe starting at Pita bread?

The changelog does mention 1.02. Just a heads up for 1.03, Inside the script it says 1.01 and so does the version number in the CMSB plug section.

When initially importing this file, it sees all records. (what, like 48 i think? But in the followinf step, I can see in red text it quickly flashes 25. I think it also mentioned no errors and everything looks fine until i go into the editor. I am showing/searching for 100 files, 1 page out of 1 so I am looking at all records.

Let me know if you need any further info. Hope I'm not doing something wrong. ?
Attachments:

menu-calc-results.csv 4K

By rez - February 28, 2011

note: to be clear, it appears that the first 25 or 26 records are being skipped from my csv. ?

I now have everything imported via splitting the file into two, less than 25 record files. If you need me to retry anything to answer specific questions, let me know.

thanks for the help.

By Dave - February 28, 2011

Hi Rez,

I tested your file with the 1.03 beta and it worked. Can you test as well? You can download it here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/my_purchases.php

Thanks! Let me know any issues.
interactivetools.com

By Djulia - March 1, 2011

Hi Dave,

This update is perfect ! Thanks ! :)

Djulia