Upcoming Beta: New "Editor Advanced Search" feature

25 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 14, 2009   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - June 19, 2009

Hi everyone,

We're working on a new feature for v1.30 that gives you more control over the search fields that appear above the record list in the editor. Instead of the standard single "Search for keyword" field you can now specify (in the Section Editor) multiple types of search fields for each section.

For example, you could have a section with search fields:

Keyword (a text field that search multiple fields for keywords)
Status (a pulldown with a list of status values: In Stock, On Order, etc)
Hidden (a pulldown with options for: <any>, checked, unchecked)

Basically this would make it easier for users to find exactly what they are looking for and allow you to customize the search fields for each section in a way that makes the most sense.

If anyone wants to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please post on this thread, we'll have a beta ready for this soon. And if you have any questions, suggestions, etc feel free to post as well!

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Upcoming Beta: New "Editor Advanced Search" feature

• Archived  

By Kenny - June 19, 2009

Send one over to me Dave when you get it ready. I was planning on asking you for this for an upcoming project I am sending your way. There are a few more details to it, but this is the basis.

Thanks,

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] Upcoming Beta: New "Editor Advanced Search" feature

• Archived  

By ross - June 22, 2009

Hi Kenny.

Could you send Dave an email as well? Just in case he isn't able to get onto the forums right away. dave@interativetools.com

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

• Archived  

By Djulia - June 26, 2009

Hi Dave,

I would be happy to take part in the tests.

Thanks, Djulia

• Archived  

By Dave - June 29, 2009

Hi everyone,

I've just sent out the first beta for this next version. To setup custom search fields by section just go to: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Searching and follow the instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback, etc.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Djulia - June 30, 2009

Hi Dave,

I installed the update without problem. [:)]

Just will a question, it be possible in an update to obtain a search in multiple tables ?

Thanks, Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Upcoming Beta: New "Editor Advanced Search" feature

• Archived  

By Dave - June 30, 2009

Currently if you add a search field for a pulldown it will list the values for that pulldown even if they are from a different table, but you can't search other fields from the associated table.

So if you have a pulldown field called "product" in a table "featured" and it pulls it's values from the products table by product num, and product name. Then you can search on that but no on other fields in the product table.

What we did do, though, was rewrite all the CMS editor list code to use the viewer list code. So it's much easier to update and has all the same features. So in future we might have a feature where we automatically return joined results when one table is linked to another. We don't have that for this release, though.
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By isdoo - June 30, 2009

Missed the beta :( But looking forward to the release - thanks for a great product.

Re: [isdoo] Upcoming Beta: New "Editor Advanced Search" feature

• Archived  

By Dave - June 30, 2009

You can still join in on the beta. We're going to be releasing build 2 shortly. I'll add your email.
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Dave - June 30, 2009

I've just released a new build that fixes a number of bugs that were discovered (thanks for the reports!) as well as adds these (unrelated) features for category viewers:

- Category Viewer: Added new option 'defaultCategory' (enter 'first', category number, or blank '' for none)
- Category Viewer: Added new option 'rootCategoryNum' to show only part of the category tree (defaults to showing all)
- Category Viewer: Added new category format 'breadcrumb' for displaying select menu path in breadcrumb format
- Category Viewer: Added new pseudofield _isBreadcrumb to make it easier to display breadcrumb menu for selected category

If you're on the beta list you should have received a download link for build 2 by now and if you'd like to join the beta list just let me know.

Please post any feedback, questions or issues you discover. Thanks!
interactivetools.com