Reseller

11 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 26, 2009   (RSS)

By Dave - May 26, 2009

Hi IronVictory,

1) You can leave it as your name or assign/sell/give your license to the ad agency and put in there name. My only thought would be if the ad agency cares that your name is in there. If it was me I'd keep the license so if the contract fell through or client went out of business, etc, I could re-use it.

2) The short answer is nothing (and this is true of all software). But if you have private labeled the software they won't have access to the docs or your skill and it will be more challenging to create a new CMS site.

The software registers itself with us on install and from time to time we check up on this. When we discover multiple installs on the same license we send you a friendly message about it (often people have extra testing installs, etc). At which point you could discuss it with your client.

Also, at your request we could look this up for you. We're web developers too so we're not going to come down on you for something your client does.

3) You can tell your client that it's the same as all "digital" content these days (music, movies, software, etc). In legalese "owning" means you can say it resell copies of it, so we say you "own a license" which means you own your copy of it, but can't resell multiple copies of it.

The license agreement protect both them and us/you. We can't terminate someones license rights unless they break their license. We'd have no legal right to and would be liable if we did - just like any software company. If we went around doing that we'd get sued and wouldn't be in business.

So unless they're planning on not paying for the license or giving away the software source code for free on the internet or something like that they have nothing to worry about.

Hope that all makes sense! :) If you have any other questions about any of that or need more details just let me know.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com