Globally Update Image Storage Location

14 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 25, 2011   (RSS)

By Jason - March 24, 2011

Hi Jessica,

You'll get PDF as a default when you create a new wysiwyg field. To get it for the default "content" field that is created when you create a new section editor, go to:
cmsAdmin/data/schemaPresets
Open up customMulti.ini.php and customSingle.ini.php. In these, find the allowedExtensions list and add pdf to this list and save. You should then have pdf as a default the next time you create a new section.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Globally Update Image Storage Location

By JLynne77 - March 24, 2011

Okay. I found it no problem, and it worked for new sections and the content field. However, I have most of the sections we need already created. Is there an easy way of changing it for the ones that already exist (as many of them already have content entered, so creating all new pages will be quite a hassle), or will we have to go through and add it to the pages manually?
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.

By Jason - March 25, 2011

Hi Jessica,

This change will only affect sections created moving forward. You'll have to manually change the sections that have already been created. You can do this directly through CMS Builder, or you can edit their individual schema files if that is easier for you.

IMPORTANT: If you're going to manually edit a schema file, always make a backup of your files and your database first.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Globally Update Image Storage Location

By JLynne77 - March 25, 2011 - edited: March 25, 2011

Ah, okay. Disappointing because it means a lot of tedious work either way, but thanks. :)
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.