Fatal error: Allowed memory size...

13 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 7, 2010   (RSS)

By eduran582 - June 6, 2010

Jason,

That issue came up again (see my first posting on this thread). Is there a limit to how many records I can search (now at 13k+)? Is there some way to display only certain fields or would that make any difference?

The "fix" you put in ('loadCreatedBy' => false,) still in place but the error still comes up.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric
P.S. The logon info I gave you before is still in place.

Re: [eduran582] Fatal error: Allowed memory size...

By Jason - June 7, 2010

Hi Eric,

Sorry that turned out to be a temporary solution, but we have it fixed now.

I took a closer look at the page in question, and discovered that the only place where we were using database records was to output the total number of records that exist in the database. The getRecords() function isn't a very efficient function if this is the only piece of information that we're trying to retrieve.

I commented out all of the code that retrieves the records and instead used this line of code:

$totalRecords=mysql_select_count_from('citations','');

I then used the new $totalRecords variable to output the total number of records in the database. This actually turned out to be a more accurate count as well! :)

This should take care of the problem from here on out. Take a look and let me know if you run into any other problems.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By eduran582 - June 7, 2010

Hi Jason,

Outstanding! [cool] Thanks (again) for the fix and the 'trick' about retrieving record count when dealing with lots of records!

As always, great support!

Eric