Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

81 posts by 36 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 31, 2012   (RSS)

• Archived  

By sublmnl - September 6, 2011

Ratings Plugin - Works with website membership to allow users to select a rating (0 - 5 stars) and display that rating on any type of page, record, or item.

^^^ This.

Dave let us know when this gets done. We're on board.

Re: [zip222] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By InHouse - November 2, 2011

+1 from me on this one. Fits into the overall requests to have more CSS tags to hook into in the backend displays.

Can you add CSS classes to the field prefixes and field descriptions so they can be styled differently? they can be a little difficult to see.

Re: [Perchpole] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By InHouse - November 2, 2011

Agreed. Being able to select a bunch of records in the List View and trigger a "hide selected" from the admin menu at the bottom would be great.

Of course... this assumes that there is a 'Hidden' field to activate in the record. [angelic]

This would make it possible to make records "hidden" on the fly - without having to modify each record individually.

Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By zaba - November 17, 2011

It would be great to have a version that my customers could log in to using there smartphones and update information/upload photos from there phone..... (should really just be a rework of the css and detection?.. and get rid of flash) maybe even an iPhone app. These are things that would be useful for my clients as they can do this instantly and on the move. i know you can see it all in safari on iphone but the experience is not great with endless scrolling around etc..

Re: [zaba] Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By Jason - November 18, 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. That's an interesting idea as we've been taking a closer look at mobile technologies lately. This is certainly something we will consider in the future.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By Toledoh - February 6, 2012

In the WYSIWYG, the file uploads are defualted to jpg, gif, png etc - can we have PDF as a default also? I'm constantly forgeting to allow them and then have to go through every WYSIWYG field throughout the site to change them individually.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By (Deleted User) - February 6, 2012

Hi Tim,

TinyMCE does not support the uploading of PDF files into it's WYSIWYG editor but if you're interested in modifying the TinyMCE installation within CMSB, yu could try adding this plugin http://www.tinymce.com/enterprise/mcfilemanager.php wchi adds file management support.

Don't forget to make a backup of everything before you start coding!

Thanks,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By Toledoh - February 7, 2012

Hi Tom,

The area I mean is the Upload Settings which default to "gif,jpg,png,wmv,mov,swf" (screenshot attached) and I have to add ",pdf" each time I use it. It would be great if the default included the pdf as I'm sure it's even more comonly used than wmv,mov and swf...
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

upload-settings-png.png 57K

Re: [Toledoh] Smart Phone version of CMSB

• Archived  

By (Deleted User) - February 7, 2012

Hi Tim,

Those extensions are the standard set as of 2.14 but if you want to manually edit the allowed extensions default list, go to cmsAdmin\lib\menus\database\editField_functions.php line 56 - once that's set, every new upload field created will adopt those extensions.

Let me know if this helps,

Tom