Weird Tiny MCE WYSIWYG field problem in 2.12

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 5, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Weird Tiny MCE WYSIWYG field problem in 2.12

By Dave - September 5, 2011

Hi Paul,

Can you try these things and let me know if it makes a difference?
- Try clearing your cache and reloading the page
- Try removing tinymce cache files from cmsAdmin/data/ (they are named like this: tiny_mce_cache.ba249cddf4e5bd66ee812f9863b4aa53.js)
- Try clearing your cache (again) and reloading the page

Test after each step, if one of those fixes it I want to figure out the minimum required to resolve the issue. Or if none of those works let me know and we'll keep trying to help.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Weird Tiny MCE WYSIWYG field problem in 2.12

Hi Dave!

I've just got home and tested on my own PC running FF6.

1- Try clearing your cache and reloading the page
Done. Same problem.

2- Try removing tinymce cache files from cmsAdmin/data/ (they are named like this: tiny_mce_cache.ba249cddf4e5bd66ee812f9863b4aa53.js)
Done. WORKED!!!

I moved the temp files just in case there was any aspect of them that you wanted to look at.

Getting rid of them did the trick though. There were .js and .gz files. There were more .gz than .js but I moved them all.

Hope this helps and thanks for responding so quick (as always!).

Kind Regards

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] Weird Tiny MCE WYSIWYG field problem in 2.12

By Dave - September 5, 2011

Hi Paul,

Great, glad to hear it's working. TinyMCE packs everything it needs into those files so they can be loaded faster but I bet they didn't get updated when we upgraded the main tinymce files.

I'll add some code to the next release to automatically remove the old cache files on every upgrade to prevent anyone else from having this problem in future.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com