Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

81 posts by 36 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 31, 2012   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - September 30, 2010

Hi Jeff,

It's a great idea, and on the list. We want to switch away from our old newsletter mailing system as well to something more integrated.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By brownleather2 - October 27, 2010

Here are a few features that would be great.

Dependable Fields: For example - if field "has_dvd_palyer" is checked, then show this filed "dvd_palyer_color"

Dynamic Fields: (When a filed is set as dynamic the field will have a plus symbol near it, when clicked a additional filed of the same type would be added) For example - For example - say we have family section which has three fields father, mother and child when the child field is set as dynamic the user can simply click on the plus symbol to add additional children. this can be further enhanced by enable fields to be grouped allowing for the plus symbol to add multiple fields. For example - say we have a company section and a group of fields called contact which contains name email and phone, when the user would click on the plus symbol the system would add the fields in the group.

• Archived  

By Toledoh - November 1, 2010

Hi Guys.

Something that has dropped off my radar is the ability to copy / duplicate records. A lot of the time a multi record section comprises of records that are pretty much the same... such as a real estate site. It would be great to have a "duplicate" button...

Cheers,
Tim
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By Dave - November 1, 2010

Hi Tim,

I've uploaded a plugin we made a while ago that does pretty much that. Let me know if it works for you:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Save-Copy-Button-1030

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By aev - November 2, 2010

Hi,

totally agree, dependent/dynamic fields would be great.

This would make sections with many fields a lot more user-friendly to work with. I like the thought of choosing a value from a cmsb drop-down list, and after choosing we can show more related fields to be edited.

This would behave just like the "Field Type" drop-down in the Field Editor, it shows "Field Options" dependent on the selected "Field Type".

-aev-

Re: [aev] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By zip222 - November 10, 2010

+1 for dependent/dynamic fields

Re: [zip222] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By gadefgaertgqe - November 17, 2010

I have noticed a lot of requests for a strict admin only field. At the moment an editor can access and modify the admin fields.

In every install of CMS that I maintain this requirement comes up time and time again, and I would love to see this option.

There are solutions which have been kindly provided by all you talented at Interactive Tools, but any time an upgrade to CMS is carried out, the fix is undone. I never use those kinds of fixes due to the potential problems further down the line.

Hope this happens!

Paul

• Archived  

By rez - November 21, 2010 - edited: November 21, 2010

Comments Plugin and Ratings:
Will it be possible to view, on a members public profile page, a list ( and links) to comments and ratings that a member has recently made?

I'd like to make public profile versions that shows what someone has been up to and link to their comments or recent ratings. A feed on their profile page like:

Dave's Feed:
Dave posted a comment on the CSS3 for beginners article 2 hours ago

Dave rated the vanilla cookie recipe 5 stars yesterday at 5:03pm

Dave is following Chris723 since 8:33am on 10-13-10

• Archived  

By zaba - November 26, 2010

Hi Dave, something thats cropped up for me recently, with image uploads, I have an image, say, that I want to update with a new image, but I go to modify and I can only change alt tags etc.. I would prefer to have an option to replace the image without having to remove the entry entirely and then add it again. Is this something you could look at adding?