Last Post: June 13, 2011   (RSS)

By Codee - February 1, 2010 - edited: March 8, 2010

the default CMSB code produces this at the bottom of the pages:

<< prev - page 1 of 5 - next >>

How can I make it offer a clickable page number, like:

<< prev - page 1 of 5 - next >> go to page #__

or

<< prev - page 1 - next >> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

so that the end users can click to the page they want or enter in the page number they want?

Thanks!

Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Codee - February 2, 2010

Rockin' Damon! Thanks!

Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Codee - March 6, 2010

Hi Damon or any other CMSB helpful people:

According to the above code the pagenumbers appear at the bottom of the inventory listings pages and that generally works great...BUUUUTTTT.....

when someone searches by a certain field, for example
http://www.sitename.com/inventoryList.php?listing_type=private%20party

the part of the url after the question mark disappears on the additional pages and it brings up ALL the listings. Is there a way to have the numbers at the bottom list out based upon what was in the originating URL so this doesn't occur? so if there were only 3 or 4 pages for private party ads then clicking on any of the 1, 2, 3 or 4 would display the relevant results?

thanks in advance!

Re: [equinox69] Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Dave - March 8, 2010

Hi Terry,

One way is to manually construct the url so it passes forward any possible values, such as:

<a href="?page=<?php echo $page; ?>&listing_type=<?php echo urlencode(@$_REQUEST['listing_type']) ?>"><?php echo $page; ?></a>

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Codee - March 8, 2010

Dave,

That works perfect for this scenario and also gives me the tool to modify for some other preset searches that are on the site. Thank you very much!

Re: [Dave] Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Codee - October 11, 2010

This works for any "listing_type" but what if they search by a different field or used a search box that checks 7 possible fields? How do we accomplish using whatever they had searched by and received results?

Re: [equinox69] Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Chris - October 12, 2010 - edited: October 12, 2010

Hi equinox69,

This code will preserve all the form fields submitted to the page, but will also set 'page' to $page:

<a href="?<?php echo http_build_query(array_merge($_REQUEST, array( 'page' => $page ))) ?>"><?php echo $page; ?></a>

Does that help? Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Additional help needed, was Re: [Damon] page count at bottom with prev next links

By Codee - October 12, 2010

That not only helps, but it works! Thanks Chris!

By andybarn - June 8, 2011

Hi Chris

This works for me too - great!

However I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but when I have for example 20 pages that match my search I get the following listed accross the page:-

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > >>

Is there a way to limit the number of pages showing to something like you have on this forum so it shows:-
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 > >>

Thanks for your help

Andy