Some basic questions

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 5, 2010   (RSS)

By fleff - January 25, 2010

1. How does my client change the font in a wysiwyg field? He can change the font size, color, etc. but what about the font family?

2. Is there a difference between the browser-displayed font size created in the wysiwyg field and a normal HTML font size -- say, 4(14pt) in the wysiwyg dropdown which shows "medium" in the HTML? My client has run into a problem where the font sizes look different in the entries when entered by different people even though all entries show a font size of 4(14pt). They are using CMSB 1.33 and are used to that interface. I use pixels in my style sheets, not points which, I believe, are meant for print display, not screen display. Might this cause the problem?

3. Why does the wysiwyg field insist on putting in a <p> tag that it won't let me remove in the HTML view? It keeps putting it back. I read in the forum about creating a <p> style in my CSS file that sets the top and bottom margins to 0, but this would then apply to all paragraph tags, wouldn't it? There are times when I don't want the line space created by this tag.

Thanks for your help,

Farnham

Re: [chris] Some basic questions

By fleff - January 25, 2010

Thanks, Chris, for your usual prompt response. It looks as though the wysiwyg.php additions will work beautifully and I'll give the <p> tag workaround a try. I'll let you know how things go.

Best to all,

Farnham

Re: [fleff] Some basic questions

By fleff - February 5, 2010

The wysiwyg.php additions work just fine and I don't understand why you don't offer the font-family menu as a regular feature in the wysiwyg field. Thanks again for sending it along. CMSB is great!

Farnham