|Name:||★ Website Comments|
|Version:||1.05 (Released: Oct 6, 2017 - changelog)|
|Requires:||CMS Builder v3.10 and Website Membership Plugin|
|Single Price:||$79.95 – Login to purchase|
Login to purchase
(Single & Unlimited Use License Agreement)
|Download:||Login to purchase|
Add "Comments" to any page or section of your website in minutes. Members can post comments and email subscribe to comment threads. (NEW! Now supports uploads so you can optionally allow users to attach files to their comment).
Website Comments makes it easy to add "Comments" to any page or section on your website in minutes. All website visitors can view and browse comments, logged in users can post comments, and website administrators can receive email notifications of new posts.
This plugin requires the "Website Membership" plugin and builds on its functionality. Users must be logged in to post a new comment. Users who aren't logged in will receive a "Please login or signup to use this feature" message. Member only comments helps build your community, prevents spam from unknown users, makes a moderator unnecessary, and let's you avoid using captchas (since users have accounts, you know who they are already).
Once you install Website Comments, click on the “Example Code” link (under the “Plugins” menu) to see three different examples of plugin code that can be copied and pasted directly into your pages. A single block of PHP code is all it takes to have a comments box, comments list, and email subscription feature instantly appear.
You can customize the look and feel of the comments box and list by editing the comments "Theme" file in the /theme/ folder. We've included a separate .css file to make it even easier to edit the styles.
This plugin comes with a detailed readme.txt file which includes detailed instructions for setting up Website Comments, as well as other tips, and we're available in the forums to answer any other questions you may have.
- SETTING UP THE PLUGIN:
- Copy and paste a block of code to add comments to any page in minutes
- Includes example code for three types of comments pages (under "Plugin Menu" > "Example Code")
- Plugin setting allows comments to be sorted newest or oldest first
- Plugin setting allows you to control how many comments are displayed per page
- Multiple "themes" are supported, allowing you to display comment sections in different styles on the same site
- Theme styling is done in external CSS file for easy editing
- DISPLAYING COMMENTS:
- Members can post comments (non-members are encouraged to sign-up to post)
- Display comment count on list pages "Comments (33)" , encouraging users to click through to detail pages
- Comments have facebook-style dates, posted: "A few seconds ago", "about an hour ago", etc
- EMAIL FEATURES:
- One click email subscriptions lets users get updates by email on comment threads
- Members receive email notifications when people comment on threads they’ve commented on
- Website administrators can be notified via email of new comments
- Email templates can be easily modified in the CMS with a wysiwyg editor and content placeholders
- Email templates can be enabled or disabled as needed.