Convert all old site uploads to WebP

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 27, 2023   (RSS)

By rez - March 13, 2023

I'm curious if CMSB has the ability to convert all the images uploaded to old websites to WebP format. CMSB can already auto convert individual jpg images to WebP and recreate thumbnails in a click, so I was wondering if it could do this for the entire site at once. Some old sites have a large number of uploaded jpgs, and it would be extremely helpful to convert them all to WebP without having to re-upload them. Although I doubt if CMSB currently has this capability, it seems like all the necessary features are already present. If it were possible, it would be fantastic for any old website. Is this possible?

By Codee - April 27, 2023

Rez,

I see Dave already answered your query. As a CMSB user I can attest that the convert to webP functions work terrifically. In fact I was able to seamlessly convert approximately 80,000 images in approximately 3 hours running the conversion right on the host (I was TERRIFIED before pulling the ripcord on that!). It was on a shared host BUT it was a more professional plan with a bit more heft to their servers (not on godaddy). 

I attached CMSB's webp conversion from a few cmsb versions ago to this thread.  WebP conversion since then is pre-built into CMSB. Good luck!

Attachments:

convertToWebp.php 9K