Feature Request Media Library

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 16, 2022   (RSS)

By kitsguru - August 13, 2022

On the media library editor list, it would be helpful to have the width and height.

Jeff Shields

By daniel - August 16, 2022

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely keep that in mind for future development.

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By kitsguru - August 16, 2022

I use the same specific sizes for all my images in all my section editors to optimize for Bootstrap breakpoints and already adjusted the media library to match those values. I also take advantage of the picture element for a good responsive design experience. 

Not all the images start out the same size. I resize all imported originals to 1920x1920. The image may be smaller than this but I never want them bigger. My thumbs  are then set to

1280x1280
1024x1024
800x800
480x480

If I need to have a difference size say for a bio photo, I use a different upload field with different specs.

My section editors all have 'image' upload and 'document' upload. Some have a 'photo' upload and 'banner' upload. This setup allows a great deal of flexibility with very little overhead.

I have developed my app with modules for bios, blog, events, real estate listings, site owner info, ads, testimonials and several more. I can turn modules on and off for specific clients. All my configuration is done using yaml files.

I have approximately 35 clients using my app and am continually adding new options as clients request them.

The media library is a great addition, now I just need a document library for PDF files.

Jeff Shields