QRC generator (the regular plugin, not the one from Jerry or CMSB Cookbook)

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 28, 2022   (RSS)

By Codee - April 12, 2022

Hello IT,

I'm working on a site utilizing CMSB 3.56 bld 2304, and QRCode Generator 1.02.  I was just putting up a simple qrcode sample page and noticed that the "event" type is not able to provide the correct time...It seems to always be 5 hours earlier than coded in...no matter what I change the start and end time to. The following returns the correct date but start time shows as 5:30 and end time is 6:00.  Just so you know I have scanned using several different devices and scanners...it's consistently happening across the board. I have attached a screenshot of the generated QR Code as well.

Here's the sample code for this piece:

<div>Calendar Event<br><br>
<?php
echo qrCode(array(
'type' => 'event',
'title' => 'Community Dental Day',
'start' => '2022-05-21 8:30:00',
'end' => '2022-05-21 11:00:00'
));
?>
</div>

By Codee - June 28, 2022

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay in responding ~ I literally just got back to this part of their project.  Your solution mostly worked. I have attached a screen shot of the before and after.  While the time for the event was pulled, correctly, from the default/globals as you wrote, unfortunately a bunch of text was inserted between the title "Calendar Event" (in red) and the qr code sample just below it. 

If we can correct that portion then we have a solid fix.

Thank you kindly!

By daniel - June 28, 2022

Hey Codee,

It looks like some debugging code got left in the sample, so I you should just need to remove "echo $data;" so it looks like this:

elseif ($type == 'event')         { $data = "BEGIN:VEVENT\nSUMMARY:" . $options['title'] . "\nDTSTART;TZID=".date_default_timezone_get().":" . date("Ymd\THis", strtotime($options['start'])) . "\nDTEND:" . date("Ymd\THis", strtotime($options['end'])) . "\nEND:VEVENT"; }

Can you try that out and let me know if it works?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com