Re: Inline Record Editor

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 1, 2021   (RSS)

By JeffC - March 3, 2021

In response to: https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2244410#post2244410

Hi,

Does this plugin come with any setup instructions? I have added inlineEditing.php to my plugins folder, made the changes suggested by Deborah to bring it upto date with v7, and activated it. But I can't actually see any change. I think there may be additional steps required?

I'm using 3.53 and 7.3.27

Thanks in advance

Jeff

By kitsguru - June 1, 2021

I realize there is limited support for this plugin. One thing I noticed is that fields that are admin only, still are editable by anyone. Could you point in in the right direction so I can modify the plugin so that only admin only fields are not editable by anyone else?

Jeff Shields

By daniel - June 1, 2021

Hi Jeff,

CMSB has an internal function called "userHasFieldAccess()" which can be passed a field's schema array and will check to see if the current user has access to it - this is where I would start. It looks like the plugin has access to $GLOBALS['schema'] for the current table, which should contain the field schema arrays. Alternatively, you could also potentially use "getSchemaFields()" which can be passed a table name to return all the schema fields. Once you are able to determine if a user can edit each particular field in the table, you should be able to then selectively execute the replacements in the plugin.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com