html uploader image ordering

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 25, 2021   (RSS)

By Toledoh - February 25, 2021

I got this plugin some time ago, and haven't used it much.  So be sure to test well before using on live!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

uploadOrderPlugin.php 2K

By celuch - February 26, 2021

Thank you.  A few tests worked well, but then issues appeared.  In some cases it didn't help order files.  In other cases it renamed the files completely, making it a bit "less than useful".  I will check further before writing it off - at least the idea is what I am after.

celuch

By Toledoh - February 26, 2021

From memory, we built it to work for a real estate office who were sent batched of images from various photographers.  hope it works for you somehow  

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By celuch - April 30, 2021

Still searching for a workaround on this.  Is there any settings in the html  uploader to use that may keep images in numerical order?

celuch

By Codee - May 15, 2021

Yes. I have a client who needed to have uploaded photos on his site appear in the order he uploaded them as each item on his site averages 40+ photos...some up to 200.  Interactive Tools built a custom plugin for me to make this happen.  Just so you know...that function/process can be very resource-intensive - so if your client is using shared hosting (like on Godaddy's deluxe hosting) then it will probably crash out often.  That's not a flaw in the plugin, but a weakness with that type of hosting.  Good luck.

By Dave - May 25, 2021

Hi Celuch,

Do you mean filename sort order or the same order selected when choosing uploads? 

I think the uploads all happen in parallel so there's no way to maintain the order but I can double-check if that's what you're looking for.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By celuch - May 25, 2021

Hi Dave... thanks for checking on this.

Yes - we upload photography previews for clients, and it is a pain for them to compare images when they are pushed around.   Ideally, like the flash uploader (which always worked perfectly), they would be shown just as sorted during uploads...img01, img02, img03, etc.    We sometimes have thousands of numbered previews on some jobs, so manual sorting after upload, which I do now on small or important jobs, is impractical.   We continue to use it and it is not a serious issue, more of an annoyance. I'd guess others may have an issue with this at some point, but that was my reason for checking.

celuch