Newsletter Builder - Mailing List Creation Issue

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 24, 2020   (RSS)

By Steve99 - July 16, 2020

Hello,

The default MySQL Query shown in the MySQL Query textarea when creating a Mailing List is triggering Norton to block the save request with the message "Norton blocked an attack by: Attack: PHP Shell Upload 8". Please advise.

Thank you,
Steve

By Damon - July 21, 2020

Hi Steve,

The default MySQL Query shown in the MySQL Query textarea when creating a Mailing List is triggering Norton to block the save request with the message "Norton blocked an attack by: Attack: PHP Shell Upload 8". Please advise.

I haven't heard of or encountered this issue before.

It would be a good idea to run a server-side scan on the site to rule anything else out.

Is this Norton running on your desktop computer? 

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Steve99 - July 21, 2020 - edited: July 21, 2020

Hi Damon,

Yes, Norton running on my desktop. New website, new installation of the plugin.

Nothing malicious found on the server. I do believe this to be a false positive.

If I delete the default value from the MySQL Query textarea the mailing list record saves without any alert.

Update:

I just went back to test this again and the issue did not occur.

This website was just launched, and the last time I had tested was prior to launch.

Although the site is still on the same server location, the settings were updated with a dedicated IP and accessing the CMS from the clients TLD.

That being said, we have multiple dev sites on the cloud hosting platform with a common upper "test link" hostname and shared IP (until launched with dedicated IP and SSL cert). I think that's what caused the false positive, as I can now see in the advanced history there was an origin reference of one dev site and a destination reference of another dev site.

Thanks for your response, and sorry to bother you.

Best Regards,
Steve