Error with PHP 7.4?

10 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 9, 2020   (RSS)

By zaba - March 25, 2020

#77 - E_NOTICE: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
/xxxxxxx/cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php (line 167)
http://xxxxxxxxxx/cmsb/admin.php?menu=main_menu

#0 _errorlog_logErrorRecord() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/errorlog_functions.php:62]
#1 _errorlog_catchRuntimeErrors() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php:167]
#2 _userHasMenuAccess() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php:26]
#3 getMenuLinks() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/menus/header.php:9]
#4 include() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php:543]
#5 adminUI_header() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php:519]
#6 adminUI() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/menus/login.php:42]
#7 include() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php:442]
#8 showInterface() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/lib/admin_functions.php:77]
#9 adminLoginMenu() called at [/xxxxxx/cmsb/admin.php:35]

Array
(
[logType] => runtime
[errno] => 8
[errstr] => Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
[errfile] => /xxxxxx/public_html/cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php
[errline] => 167
[errcontext] => *** in symbol table field above ***
)

By daniel - March 31, 2020

Hi Zaba,

Thanks for this report! We haven't yet fully tested CMSB with PHP 7.4 so you may encounter some issues when using that version. To help me track down the issue, could you let me know which version of CMSB you're using?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By mark99 - April 3, 2020

Hmm I'm using PHP 7.4 with the latest CMSB release on MySQL 5.7 and haven't come across that one.

By daniel - April 3, 2020

Hi Zaba,

Have you made any customizations to the file /cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php? In the latest version of CMSB the line indicated in your error message (line 167) is part of a comment section, and so shouldn't be producing any sort of error. If this file has been customized or if you're unsure, could you attach that file so I can properly see what the error message is pointing to?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By zaba - April 4, 2020

It was a new host, the only thing I installed was cmsb, nothing else. A clean installation from a fresh copy. I may have time next week to set everything up again on a new clean account. and replucate the issue on 7.4. I can then pass on administrator access ftp access etc if you would like to investigate. do you have an email address to send details. I think this is likely the only way to investigate this issue properly.

By daniel - April 6, 2020

Hi Zaba,

If you send a 2nd level support request with the access details (https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/) we will take a look. Thanks for helping us troubleshoot this further!

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By daniel - April 8, 2020

Hi all,

Just to follow up with my findings from the support ticket, on a fresh install the error was being reported on Line 177, which is slightly different from the original error reported in this thread and did point to the cause of the issue. There is now a fix for this error which will be released in the next official release of CMSB; in the meantime, we recommend sticking with PHP 7.3 if possible.

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - April 8, 2020

Daniel,

Thanks for the hard work.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By zaba - April 9, 2020

Thank you Daniel. Fortunately most (shared) hosts have the option to simply change php version without any problem.