Inline Record Editor

By wevolutions - January 11, 2020

I have a Plugin named "Inline Record Editor" which allows editing of records directly from the section listing page. See attached file.

Since upgrading to php 7.3, this plugin has stopped working.

Can someone please take a look and give me an update on how to get this fixed please.

Note: This was provided for me directly by interactive tools a few years ago.

Thank you.

Attachments:

inlineEditing.php 6K

By daniel - January 13, 2020

Hi wevolutions,

It looks like this plugin is using old mysql functions that are not supported in PHP 7+. There may be other issues, but that is a good place to start. You can use the Legacy MySQL Scanner plugin to help find these issues, as well as some instructions on how to replace them. 

If you are using CMSB 3.12+ then you should already have this plugin, but if not, you can simply download the latest CMSB and copy legacyMysqlScanner.php from the plugins directory to your installation. Once installed and activated, click the "Scan Plugins" link on the Plugins page, and this will show you any plugin files that include incompatible mysql functions, and what the functions should be replaced with.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By Deborah - January 14, 2020

In the file you provided, try changing line 60 as shown:

WAS:
mysql_query( $query ) or die( 'Could not execute bulk update: ' . mysql_error() );

CHANGE TO:
mysqli()->query( $query ) or die( 'Could not execute bulk update: ' . mysqli()->error() );

That works for me.

~ Deborah

By wevolutions - January 14, 2020

Thank you Deborah! It works! Much appreciated.