Download Mail - Message separator

By gversion - December 5, 2019 - edited: December 5, 2019

Hello,

I am using the Download Mail plugin for a support ticket system. I noticed that one of my client's replies was not saved in the database (their email signature and all the previous messages from the email chain were saved but not the very latest reply). I think if I use a message separator such as ## Please type your reply above this line ## then this will help fix the issue.

I was wondering if the DownloadMail plugin has anything inbuilt already for identifying new messages (i.e. with a content separator) or if this is something we will have to write ourselves?

Thank you,

Greg

By robin - December 13, 2019

Hi Greg,

The download mail plugin just downloads everything it finds in the account (then archives or deletes the mails on the server after success).

Some ideas:
-Maybe you just needed to run it again?  It might have hit the download limit.
-If the thread was really long I wonder if it might have overwhelmed the database field character limit. (The field type can be updated in the section editor)
-There may have been some broken html in that message that might cause the message to not show properly (but should still show in the raw html).

Hope that helps. Please let me know any other questions. Thanks,
Robin

Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com