Languages not appearing in CMS correctly but are in database correct
I believe the issue stems from the CMS as it is the latest download cmsbuilder_3_53_build2265_release, and I see it creates the tables as InnoDB and no longer as MYISAM as it did in the other cms I have used.Both the InnoDB and the MYISAM have the collation value utf8mb4_unicode_ci
In the past when I built multilingual I was able to use the MYISAM no bother. wow, if you can give me any tips on what I can set with the cms for the new InnoDB I would be grateful.
To my knowledge, the MyISAM vs. InnoDB shouldn't have a big impact on character encoding, so this is a curious issue. You mentioned in a previous thread that you were dealing with importing/exporting data - is that the case here? If so, is there anything different in your import/export process from when it worked previously?
Let me know and I can hopefully offer some steps for troubleshooting.
I am very grateful for your help
I have the files here I did video screen capture plus the .ini.php etc thus kinda explaining a little my issue.
i have tried the simple export and then using import plugin but that didn't work if with me dragging over the .ini.php
I have tried upteam ways doing it with navicat but always the gobblygook is there rather than languages. The only thing I feel is causing this is the table types have changed , I aim to specialise in multilingual thus want to be able to perfect my import export of specific parts aka iso codes etc. So I would be happy to know I can do this using either the import export plugin or wow navicat.
Anyway I am grateful for ay input.
Thanks for the detailed documentation! I believe I've narrowed down the issue to a setting in the CSV Import plugin. This line in csvImport.php:
'ENCODING' => 'CP1252', // CP1252, ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 - More: http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.supported-encodings.php
Can be changed to use UTF-8:
'ENCODING' => 'UTF-8', // CP1252, ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 - More: http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.supported-encodings.php
After changing this, I was able to import your CSV (the one from Navicat) with the correct character set displaying in an InnoDB table.
Let me know if that helps, or if you have any more questions!
Thank you Daniel,
Ok sorry for very late reply but wow, i had another poke at it and, here is
When using navicat to export records, navicat does so using a Binary Data Encoding in a listmenu of Base64, (in step 4 of the navicat export wizard)..... anyway I change that to None and bingo, all is fine.
Hope you guys are all well