Error in Geocode plugin

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 11, 2019   (RSS)

By mbareara - July 8, 2019

I received this error while i used the plugin: "Error: STATUS_REQUEST_DENIED"

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Orazio

By mbareara - July 8, 2019

Undefined variable: httpStatus in /home/howtosic/public_html/cmsb/plugins/geocoder.php on line 141

By mbareara - July 10, 2019 - edited: July 10, 2019

mmmm i made everything as google require. The account is verified... the api key is correct... :-(

By mbareara - July 10, 2019

This is the chat with google support:

GOOGLE: note that web services cannot work with API keys that are HTTP referrer-restricted like yours is. To use web services, you need to create a second API key and restrict it by IP address (or leave it unrestricted, which we do not recommend for security reasons).

So, if i have to create a second key, wich key will i put on geocoder?

By daniel - July 11, 2019

Hi Orazio,

I'm not quite sure what their support means by "web services" as I've been able to use the geocoder with a referrer-restricted API key. Though if you create a second IP-restricted API key, that would probably be the one to enter into the plugin.

You can also try to test with an API key that doesn't have any restrictions - this will help determine if the issue is with the key setup or something else. Just make sure that you don't leave the unrestricted key active.

I should also note that a recent change by Google now requires a billing account be set up in order to use their APIs, so it's worth double checking that you have this set up as well.

Let me know if you're able to make any progress with the above info, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com