CSV Export E_WARNING: mb_convert_variables(): Cannot handle recursive references

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 28, 2019   (RSS)

By Steve99 - May 21, 2019 - edited: May 21, 2019

PHP 7.2 with CSV Export plugin. 
E_WARNING: mb_convert_variables(): Cannot handle recursive references
csvExport.php (line 149)

I researched this error and the only references found were to a PHP bug in version 7.0 during 2016. Bug #73322

Apparently it surfaced again in PHP 7.2? I haven't located any current references.

Thoughts for a possible workaround? (aside from disabling CSVEXPORT_FOR_EXCEL)

Thanks,
Steve

By gregThomas - May 24, 2019

Hey Steve,

I've done some more research into this. I was able to replicate the bug, but only if I added a second encoding to the CSV Import Options, for example:

$GLOBALS['CSV_IMPORT_OPTIONS'] = array(
  'ENCODING'              => 'CP1252,UTF-8', // CP1252, ASCII, ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 - More: http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.supported-encodings.php

Do you have more than one encoding type set in your CSV Import options? If this is the issue, I've got a potential workaround in mind until they patch the bug. 

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - May 24, 2019

Hey Steve,

My apologies, I misread the plugin name. It didn't help that both plugins have that function in!

I'm running PHP version 7.2 on my test server and wasn't able to replicate the issue. The odd thing is that bug 73322 only seems to happen when multiple 'from' encoding is used, but the CSV Export plugin uses a single encoding type. Would it be possible to complete a second level support request so that I can take a closer look at the source of the error:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

Please, could you include the FTP and CMS login credentials for the site affected?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Steve99 - May 28, 2019

Hey Greg,

No worries :)  I just submitted the 2nd level support request.

Thanks!

Steve