Data you have entered may not be saved - always coming up whether or not there are changes

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 14, 2019   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - May 10, 2019

Hi - the new-ish feature to check if a record is dirty always comes back dirty for us for some reason.  If we select a page to edit and immediately hit cancel, we are prompted with the "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved" dialog.  Because of this, it is more of an irritant than accidentally leaving the page.

Do we know how "dirty" is calculated and why a page would think it's dirty when nothing has changed on it?

I do quiet a few drop-down fields where the value is retrieved from the database, but again, I am not changing anything on the page.

Can we either determine why it thinks it's dirty when it's not or if there is a way to disable it?

Thanks,

Gary.

By gregThomas - May 13, 2019 - edited: May 14, 2019

Hey Gary,

I've done some testing locally and tried to recreate this one, but wasn't able too. I tried using dropdowns that were linked to the database and changed depending on the value selected from another field.

I took a look at the dirrty plugin, it should display the dialogue box letting the user they have unsaved changes when any field but the advanced actions changes.

Please could you let me know what version of CMS Builder the issue happens with, the browser you're using and any browser plugins that you have installed?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By garyhoffmann - May 13, 2019 - edited: May 13, 2019

The strangest part to this is all the fields show as not dirty (false) so, I'm not sure what to make of it.  I've just changed the true/false flag in admin to false for now on sites we are actively building as I haven't had time to dig into it further.

I'm using FireFox (current version) and CMS 3.50. I have lots of browser plugins installed.  Ad blocker, measureit, IP Info, ColorZilla, HTTP Header Live, Web Developer and Zoom.  This happens to two of us and I don't think that Deb has as many add-ons, but many of the same ones.

Gary.

By garyhoffmann - May 14, 2019

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the update.  Is there a browser this doesn't happen on?  I thought we tried it on Chrome too, but maybe not.  If using Chrome alleviates the problem, we could try chrome for a while.  We are more partial to FireFox, but will use whatever works for us.

Thanks,

Gary.

By gregThomas - May 14, 2019

Hey Gary,

It doesn't seem that the issue happens in Chrome, I'd recommend switching to that browser for now. We should have a fix in place shortly.

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com