Create a "Where" statement by selecting a field already present on the page.

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 23, 2019   (RSS)

By andybarn - March 22, 2019

Hi

I have a property website where I have a search form, search results page and search details page, all working fine.

What I would like to do on the details page is also list similar properties based on the field “property_type” and maybe others but just "property_type" for now

Currently my "Details Page" header is as follows:-

<?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>
<?php
  // load viewer library
  $libraryPath = 'cmsb/lib/viewer_functions.php';
  $dirsToCheck = array('/home/aplacein/public_html/','','../','../../','../../../');
  foreach ($dirsToCheck as $dir) { if (@include_once("$dir$libraryPath")) { break; }}
  if (!function_exists('getRecords')) { die("Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."); }

// load record from 'listings'
  list($listingsRecords, $listingsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'listings',
    'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(0),
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));
  $listingsRecord = @$listingsRecords[0]; // get first record
  if (!$listingsRecord) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); } // show error message if no record found

I presume to also list my listings as well I need to add more code

I have tried to add the following :-

<?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>
<?php
  // load viewer library
  $libraryPath = 'cmsb/lib/viewer_functions.php';
  $dirsToCheck = array('/home/aplacein/public_html/','','../','../../','../../../');
  foreach ($dirsToCheck as $dir) { if (@include_once("$dir$libraryPath")) { break; }}
  if (!function_exists('getRecords')) { die("Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."); }

// load record from 'listings'
  list($listingsRecords, $listingsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'listings',
    'where'       => whereRecordNumberInUrl(0),
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => false,
    'limit'       => '1',
  ));
  $listingsRecord = @$listingsRecords[0]; // get first record
  if (!$listingsRecord) { dieWith404("Record not found!"); } // show error message if no record found

list($likeRecords, $likeMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName' => 'listings', 
    'where' => "property_type ='".intval($listingsRecord['property_type'])."'", 
    'limit'       => '3',
    'loadUploads' => true,
    'allowSearch' => true,
));
?>

However this does not work and I can't seem to display any records.

I know the problem is with my "where" statement

'where' => "property_type ='".intval($listingsRecord['property_type'])."'", 

If I take the "where" statement out I get 3 listings displayed on the page but with different "property_type" (as one would expect)

Please could you tell me how to write a "where" statement that will select the "property_type" value in the details page.

Thanks
Andy

By andybarn - March 23, 2019

Thanks Daniel

changing intval to mysql_escape did the trick - fantastic!

One last question on this please?

My "where" statement now reads

'where' => "property_type ='".mysql_escape($listingsRecord['property_type'])."' AND town='".mysql_escape($listingsRecord['town'])."'", 

This now produces all similar properties based on "property_type" and "town" but it also includes the currently displayed property.

Is there a line I can to the "where" statement that excludes the current listing that is being displayed.?

Thanks again for your great suport.

Andy

By andybarn - March 23, 2019

Hi Daniel

I think I have answered my own question after a bit of delving into the support forum.

I changed my "where" statement by adding one more "AND" statement to exclude current property. For you and those that may be looking for the same thing, my "where" statement is as follows:-

'where' => "property_type ='".mysql_escape($listingsRecord['property_type'])."' AND town='".mysql_escape($listingsRecord['town'])."' AND num!='".mysql_escape($listingsRecord['num'])."'", 

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Andy