Is there going to be an update to

12 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 30, 2019   (RSS)

By craig_bcd - December 21, 2018

the updateform3 file up-loader or will the forms plugin be updated to facilitate attaching files to records loaded in the database under mysqli and the 3.15 version of CMSB. Alternatively if anyone has any ideas I am open to it.  I want to move to 3.15 and php 7.x but can't because we use that process to have people upload resumes for open positions and then they all get loaded into CMSB for easy access.

Thanks!

Craig

By daniel - December 27, 2018

Hi Craig,

Could you elaborate a little more about the issues you're having? Are you encountering errors when you try to move to 3.15 and PHP 7.x?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By craig_bcd - December 28, 2018

Hey Daniel - 

I changed the php setting on my website to 7.2 in anticipation of upgrading to the latest cms release (we are currently running 3.10) when i did that, the upload option as well as the forms that write back to the data to the CMS system stopped working correctly. 

That is what prompted my post.

thanks!

Craig

By daniel - December 28, 2018 - edited: December 28, 2018

Hi Craig,

First, I'm attaching the latest version of uploadForm3 files - they have been updated to support PHP 7. You will likely need to incorporate some config info from your old files into these new ones (make sure to back up first!). Let me know if that resolves any of your issues.

Next, tf you're still having trouble after that, can you check in the CMSB Developer Log and report any error messages that are showing up there?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

1-2-3 step for utilizing uploadform, was: re: Is there going to be an update to

By Codee - March 13, 2019 - edited: March 13, 2019

Hi Daniel and anyone else following this thread,

Is there a 1-2-3 step walkthrough for using the uploadforms? I can get quite a bit of it done (or have) but mostly mimicking what I see (like a monkey) without understanding everything happening. I can successfully get text fields to submit to the database but am completely lost making the image upload work.  It "seems" to me that the uploadForm3_add.php, at the point in which an image is to be browsed for and uploaded, makes a call to uploadForm3_iframe-1.php in order to make that part happen. Is that correct? And if so, I'm not certain what I need to modify in order to make the browse button show up and function.

Oh, and I'm using CMSB version 3.15/3.50 with php 7.2.6 and MySQL Community Server (GPL) v5.6.39-cll-lve.

Any and all help is tremendously appreciated.

By Codee - March 19, 2019 - edited: March 19, 2019

Hi Daniel,

It's driving me batty. I would like to learn to do what should be simple for a web designer.

New site. Starting from scratch. Using the uploadForm3 files annotated in a previous post. I've started working from uploadForm3_add.php into my own ordering.php page. Right now it's a basic skeleton. I haven't configured any security checks, email thank yous, etc. as I just want to get the form working and working with the upload field. Right now it adds the record to the database and every field adds properly EXCEPT the upload portion.

The ordering.php calls to include the iframe page (uploadForm3_iframe-1.php) because a photo/image needs to be uploaded via this ordering.php page and inserted into the CMSB database in a section called "orders".

Here's the call:

<tr>
<td valign="top">Uploads</td>
<td>
<?php /* TODO: Add security check in uploadForm3_iframe.php to limit access to only allowed uploads */ ?>
<iframe src='uploadForm3_iframe-1.php?table=<?php echo $tableName ?>&amp;field=upload&amp;num=<?php echo $recordNum ?>&amp;preSaveTempId=<?php echo htmlencode($preSaveTempId) ?>'
height='100' width='600' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'>
</iframe><br/>
</td>
</tr>

If I use the incorrect url or don't have the iframe page available then I get a piece of the 404 page showing on the ordering.php page. If I include the iframe page correctly then I just get a blank section. (in fact, if I even try to view just the iframe page in a browser I get a blank page, no errors and viewing source is blank too). I suspected that maybe the .htaccess file is blocking iframes but doesn't appear to. Here's what's in my .htaccess file:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\. [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)?(.+)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^ https://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [L,NE,R=301]
Options -Indexes
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
ErrorDocument 401 /index.php
ErrorDocument 403 /index.php

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

At the moment I have gone back to the beginning and just uploaded the iframe file "as-is" (from my download from the forum post)...no variables changed at all on the iframe page. If I modify the top of the iframes page to use the same require once line as the ordering.php page has

then I get the following error:

Tablename 'orders' isn't in list of allowed tablenames!

At least it's not blank.

By daniel - March 22, 2019

Hi Equinox,

The first things I would check are that:

1. The require statement at the top of the iframe PHP file is pointing to the correct location of viewer_functions.php
  2. Are there any error messages in the CMSB developer log?

Let me know if that helps progress at all!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By Codee - March 22, 2019

1. Yep. Exact same require once statement as is on the companion page.

2. Nope. Nothing. Nada in developer log.

By Dave - March 25, 2019

Hey Terry, 

It's really hard to know without us spending some time to debug it.  We sometimes make our internal libraries available to be helpful but they can require a bit of extra programming time to get them working perfectly (which is why we haven't officially released it as a plugin).

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com