Difference between CMSB v3.16 (Build 2214) and CMSB 3.50 (Build 2215)?

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 15, 2019   (RSS)

By Codee - February 13, 2019

Are there any differences in CMSB between versions 3.16 (build 2214) and 3.50 (build 2215)? The reason I'm asking is that I have a client whose site was ver 3.50 and then was overwritten with 3.16. It seems to be running fine but want to ensure it's safe and/or necessary to move them back to 3.50. Thanks in advance for any information.

By Steve99 - February 15, 2019

Hi equinox,

Ah, okay. Yeah, I didn't see anything that would cause issues with your site functioning. The newer TinyMCE is a good thing to have, and we've also found the ImageMagick image orientation for uploads to be quite helpful for our clients. Supporting our end users on that topic was always fun - "what's EXIF data?" :)

Best,
Steve

By daniel - February 15, 2019

Hi Equinox,

Since v3.16 is not an official historical build, it's tough to determine the exact differences between Build 2214 and 2215 without manually comparing them, though I can say that they are very similar, and the potential differences aren't major. It's mostly minor bug fixes, so if you're not having any current issues, there's not much danger of staying with v3.16 for now.

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com