CMSB v3.50 Released - FREE VERSION

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 22, 2019   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - December 18, 2018 - edited: December 18, 2018

We've just released v3.50!  Note that we've decided to bump up the version number from 3.15 to 3.50 to reflect the significance of this update.

This beta is mostly a maintenance release, with two major new changes: 

FREE VERSION - We no longer require the "Powered By CMSB" footer on unlicensed versions.  This effectively means you can use CMSB without paying a license fee and get all the same functionality as the paid version (except for private labelling).  It's been a long time dream of ours to make CMS Builder available to as many people as possible and we're very grateful to all our clients and supporters who have made that possible.   So this means you'll be able to use CMS Builder at no cost for as many projects as you like, and if you want to brand it as your own the "private-label" version is available with a purchased license.

Upcoming PHP 7 Requirements - As of the end of the year, PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.0 are getting discontinued.  That means they won't even get security updates.  Accordingly, future versions of CMSB will require PHP 7.1 or better.  So if you haven't yet upgraded your server, this is a great time of year to do it.  Let me know if you need any help.  Note: This isn't required yet, but will be soon.  The current version requires PHP 5.6.

And here's the complete changelog: 

NEW FEATURES
- Free Version: Removed "Powered By" link from the footer of unlicensed versions.
There is now no branding on generated website pages. You can purchase a license
if you want to private-label the CMS backend/admin program.

BUG FIXES & MINOR CHANGES
- WYSIWYG: Updated TinyMCE from v4.7.2 to v4.9.0 (Released 2018-11-27)
- WYSIWYG: Fixed issue where tinymce cache files weren't getting saved in data folder
- Improved support for automatic image orientation on upload using ImageMagick
- File Uploading: Uploader now reports mime type on forbidden file errors (for debugging)
- Prevent "Copy of" from being added to separator field labels when using Save and Copy plugin
- Misc Code and other minor improvements.

You can download the latest version here: https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

Please feel free to create a new forum post for any feedback and questions.  

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By gkornbluth - December 21, 2018 - edited: December 21, 2018

Hi All,

When the Flash uploader was being used the 'allowed file types' determined the files that would be shown in the upload dialog when searching for the files to upload.

With the new HTML5 uploader, the upload dialog seems to show 'all files' regardless of the 'allowed file types' restrictions.

Thought you'd want to know.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
  • Archived  

By gkornbluth - December 27, 2018

Thanks Daniel,

Best for the new year!

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
  • Archived  

By zaba - March 19, 2019

Recurring issue,

This is version 3.5 Build 2215

PHP v7.2.11

MySQL Community Server (GPL) v5.7.16

Hi when I am moving items in the Section Editor I get the following error

Error: MySQL Error: Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'updatedDate' at row 1
 - in editTable_functions.php on line 380 by _saveFieldOrder_updateColumnOrder()
  • Archived  

By Dave - March 22, 2019

Hey zaba, 

So this happens when you change the field order in a section, correct?  Does it happen in more than one section?

I'm wondering if one of your datetime columns has a default value that was set in MySQL from outside of CMSB.

Can you temporarily activate this plugin. It will list the mysql columns in the footer of the section editor "edit" page.  Then paste the results? 

<?php // save as: cmsb/plugins/showSectionColumns.php
/*
Plugin Name: Show Section Columns
Description: Debug Plugin
Version: 1.00
Requires at least: 3.50
*/

addAction('admin_footer', function() {
  if (@$_REQUEST['menu']   != 'database') { return; } 
  if (@$_REQUEST['action'] != 'editTable') { return; } 

$query  = "SHOW COLUMNS FROM {$GLOBALS['tableName']}"; 
  $result = mysql_select_query($query) or die("MySQL Error: ". htmlencode(mysqli()->error) ."\n");

showme($query);
  showme(json_encode_pretty($result));
});

// eof

Let me know what you find, thanks!

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - March 22, 2019

Or, alternatively, email me details direct to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look.  

interactivetools.com