Yahoo Hosting

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 4, 2018   (RSS)

By celuch - November 30, 2018

Good moring

I am trying to place a client's site on Yahoo hosting and can't seem to access CMSB to set up.  I get following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Cannot open source device in /cmsb/lib/init.php:713 Stack trace: #0 /cmsb/lib/init.php(713): session_start() #1 /cmsb/lib/init.php(677): startSessionIfRequired() #2 /cmsb/lib/init.php(156): _init_startSession() #3 /cmsb/admin.php(7): require_once('/cmsb/lib/init....') #4 {main} Next Exception: Cannot open source device in /cmsb/lib/init.php:713 Stack trace: #0 /cmsb/lib/init.php(713): session_start() #1 /cmsb/lib/init.php(677): startSessionIfRequired() #2 /cmsb/lib/init.php(156): _init_startSession() #3 /cmsb/admin.php(7): require_once('/cmsb/lib/init....') #4 {main} Next Exception: Cannot open source device in /cmsb/lib/init.php:713 Stack trace: #0 /cmsb/lib/init.php(713): session_start() #1 /cmsb/lib/init.php(677): startSessionIfRequired() #2 /cmsb/lib/init.php(156): _init_startSession() #3 /cmsb/admin.php(7): require_once('/cmsb/lib/init....') #4 {main} Next Exception: Cannot open source device in /cmsb/lib/init.php:713 Stack trace: #0 /cmsb/lib/init.php(713): session_start() #1 /cms in /cmsb/lib/init.php on line 713

I also noticed issues uploading a few files, including .user.ini.   Could this cause the issue, and can you tell me if CMSB works on Yahoo?

Thanks

celuch

By daniel - December 4, 2018

Hi celuch,

This appears to be an issue with the server configuration; namely there is an issue when trying to start a session. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the Yahoo platform specifically, but I would be surprised if a modern host didn't support PHP sessions. I would recommend reaching out to Yahoo to see if they can provide any more answers. I don't think that missing files would be the cause of this specific error (though that could cause different issues down the line).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By celuch - December 4, 2018

Thanks for confirming what I was seeing inside Yahoo, and reading in other places.  I'll advise client to move from Yahoo, as I have already found many of these same issues right from the start.  

As you mentioned, I would have been much better off not starting there in the first place.

celuch