Remove Facebook Login fields

By gversion - November 26, 2018

Hello,

I purchased the Facebook Login plugin and uploaded it to my server a while ago. I must have activated this at some point in the past and then I moved servers. I do not now require this plugin and so I have deactivated it. However there are still some Facebook Login fields displayed in the edit user page (/cmsb/admin.php?menu=accounts&action=edit&num=XXX) such as Facebook Name and Facebook Gender.

Are these fields meant to be removed when the plugin is deactivated?

I'd like to know the proper way of fully removing the plugin data/fields/settings.

The same also apples for the Twitter Login plugin.

Thank you,

Greg

By Dave - November 26, 2018

Hi Greg, 

We try to be non-destructive with any data so it is intended to be left.  If the plugin isn't used anymore and isn't active you can just erase those fields using the field editor.

As always, make a backup first just to be safe (and in case you ever end up needing that data after all).

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By gversion - November 27, 2018

Hi Dave,

That's good to know, thank you.

Regards,

Greg

By Dave - November 28, 2018

Hi Greg, 

Hmm, maybe have a look under: CMS Setup > Section Editors > Accounts 

And check you've removed all the fields and that they'd not listed under any of the tabs.  

If they are, see if that error is recorded in the "Developer Log" menu and send me a copy of the backtrace field.  That will tell us exactly where the error is getting thrown.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com