We've just released v3.14 (and we're running it live on our website!).
Some of the new features to note are:
- File Uploader: We've implemented a new HTML5 uploader for easier multi-file uploading. This replaces the old defunct Flash uploader that was no longer working in modern browsers.
- Security: In this release, we’ve made several notable security updates.
- Added a new option for using SSL with MySQL. This can be used to secure MySQL connections when working with a remote database. Note that the database server must be configured to accept SSL connections.
- Added a new option for automatic data encryption, allowing selected field data to be encrypted in the database with the AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- The CMSB data folder can now be stored outside of the web root to further secure sensitive data, such as backups and schema information.
- Backup & Restore: Restore operations are now performed incrementally and will reload the browser to avoid timeouts with large backups.
Here's the complete changelog for v3.14:
*** August 22, 2018 - Version 3.14 (HTML5 Multi-File Uploader)
- This software version REQUIRES: PHP 5.6+ and MySQL 5.5+
- NOTE: Some plugins may need to be updated when upgrading from v2.xx
- File Uploader: Implemented new HTML5 uploader for easier multi-file uploading.
- Security: Added new option under Admin > General > Security "Encrypt Database Connections" for using SSL with MySQL
- Security: Added new option in Field Editor > Advanced Options > Data Encryption - Automatically encrypt data stored in database
- Security: /data/ folder can now be stored outside of the web root. See /data/how_to_move_data_folder.txt for details
- Backup & Restore: Restore operations are now incremental and reload the browser to avoid timeouts with large backups
BUG FIXES & MINOR CHANGES
- Email Delivery: Added tips to "Email Settings" on how to resolve delivery issues with Microsoft email services (hotmail, etc)
- Database: Fixed issue where not all fields would get converted to 4-byte UTF8 (utf8mb4)
- Field Editor: Added new 'MySQL Column Type' of MEDIUMBLOB (max: 16 megs)
- Backup Menu: Skipped tables are now listed under Backup pulldown
- Programmers: Added new plugin filters: loginExpirySeconds
- Programmers: Added utility function: makeWritable
- Misc Code and other minor improvements
You can download the latest version from our upgrade by donation at this page: http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/
Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find!