Error message started to occur

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 1, 2018   (RSS)

By CommonSenseDesign - July 30, 2018

Hi, All.

The following error message has started to occur when trying to upload an image to a section of my client's site:

Warning:chmod() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/nithvalley.com/httpdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/upload_functions.php on line 481 Error changing permissions on '/var/www/vhosts/nithvalley.com/httpdocs/cmsAdmin/data/temp/thumb_UgboNq'! chmod() has been disabled for security reasons

Also, a textbox has disappeared! (See "Brief description" in attached screenshot.)

This is an established site that's using CMSB v3.07.

Anyone know a solution, please?

Attachments:

cms-builder.jpg 145K

By CommonSenseDesign - July 30, 2018

Hi, Daniel.

1. When encountering the chmod() error, does the image upload still complete? Or are you prevented entirely from uploading?
    I'm unable to upload any images. The error message appears when I click the "Upload" button, so I don't even see "Save".

2. Do any errors show in the developer console on the page with the missing text box? To check: navigate to the page in question, press F12 to open the browser developer tools, select the "Console" tab, and then reload the page.
    I've attached a screengrab of what I see when I do what you suggested.

Cheers,

Nigel

Attachments:

cmsb-error-message.png 151K

By daniel - August 1, 2018

Hi Nigel,

Are you aware of any recent changes to your client's hosting environment, such as software updates or a server migration? The file upload issue appears to be due to PHP configuration, and if it was working previously, that indicates some behind the scenes change. Is there a hosting company you can contact to see if they have any insight? The specific problems that I see are A) the uploaded file is not being created with the correct read permissions, and B) the function chmod() has been disabled, preventing CMSB from fixing the permissions. If either of those issues can be resolved it should hopefully fix the file uploads.

I also suspect the missing text editor could be related. Could you please check the Developer Log page in CMSB (under Admin Menu) immediately after loading the page with the missing box and relay any error messages that appear?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By CommonSenseDesign - August 1, 2018

Thanks for this, Daniel. My client is checking with their hosting firm. I haven't worked on this site for more than a year, so you're probably right about some kind of server changes. There's no other reason I can think of that would cause the software to suddenly stop working properly.