File uploads with Form Generator

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 13, 2018   (RSS)

By gversion - June 10, 2018 - edited: June 10, 2018

Hello,

I am building a front-end control panel for users, which has an Add Listing form. I've used the Form Generator plugin to create the Add Listing form code and I need to now add the ability for photo uploads.

I'd like to just use the same upload script as is used in the "cmsb" admin area.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for doing this (e.g. what script(s) would I need to include? Which pages can I look at for existing code? Anything else to consider?)

Thank you,

Greg

By leo - June 11, 2018

Hi Greg,

The upload system used by CMSB can't be easily integrated to the front-end. However, you can create a front-end uploader by submitting information fitting the "uploads" section. The section can be accessed by going to cmsb/admin.php?menu=uploads and it contains all the uploaded files information. By saving a new record in the section with required information, the CMSB will recognize the uploaded file.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

By gversion - June 12, 2018

Hi Leo,

Thank you very much for this information. I didn't know this page existed. Very useful!

For the time being, we've set it up by displaying the cmsb upload form in an iframe, which seems to be working well. It's just a shame I can't seem to drag the sort order on touch devices...

Are there any security issues we should consider when using an iframe to display the uploads forms?

Thanks again,

Greg

By leo - June 12, 2018

Hi Greg,

I have talked to the team about the topic. For that feature, you may need to ensure the user is logged in when uploading anything, and you may also need to modify the code to make sure the user is only allowed to upload to certain fields and records.

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com