Calendar suggestions, please

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 8, 2018   (RSS)

By CommonSenseDesign - June 6, 2018

Hi, All.

A potential client would like to have an events calendar on their website. It's easy enough to embed a Google Calendar on a page, but the client would like to be able to see which member of his team has added or edited an event entry. I know this can be done via CMSB if everyone has their own unique login (see attachment) and I can present the calendar events as a list in chronological order like a schedule. Does anyone know of a plugin or other calendar service that is more attractive visually, rather than just a list of events?

Thanks!

Attachments:

edited.jpg 43K

By leo - June 6, 2018

Hi,

Do you want a nice calendar for the front-end pages or the CMSB events section? For the front-end, there are multiple javascript calendar libraries or you can make a static calendar looking page if you don't need javascript to make changes on the front-end. For CMSB, you would probably need to make a plugin that creates a page with its menu entry in the CMSB and then treat it as the front-end page.

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - June 6, 2018

Hey Common Sense Design,

I've used this calendar system on several different projects: https://fullcalendar.io/

It's easy to implement, has several different layouts, supports lots of events on the same day, etc. You can load the events that need to displaying using a JSON object on the page, or you can use AJAX to just load the events that need to display a particular month.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Hi, Leo.

I like the look of something like Google Calendar, but I was hoping for something that's pretty easy for me to implement. I'm a graphic designer rather than a developer, so my technical skills are a bit limited. I'm fine with using CMSB's basic features, though.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi, Greg.

Thanks for this suggestion. Something that looks like this would be great: https://fullcalendar.io/releases/fullcalendar/3.9.0/demos/basic-views.html

I haven't read the documentation yet, but - in your opinion - would you consider this a fairly straightforward solution for someone like me to integrate into CMSB? I.e. someone who isn't all that technically adept. I'm okay with handling CMSB's primary functionality.

Cheers,

Nigel