Calendar suggestions, please

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 8, 2018   (RSS)

By CommonSenseDesign - June 6, 2018

Hi, All.

A potential client would like to have an events calendar on their website. It's easy enough to embed a Google Calendar on a page, but the client would like to be able to see which member of his team has added or edited an event entry. I know this can be done via CMSB if everyone has their own unique login (see attachment) and I can present the calendar events as a list in chronological order like a schedule. Does anyone know of a plugin or other calendar service that is more attractive visually, rather than just a list of events?

Thanks!

Attachments:

edited.jpg 43K

By leo - June 6, 2018

Hi,

Do you want a nice calendar for the front-end pages or the CMSB events section? For the front-end, there are multiple javascript calendar libraries or you can make a static calendar looking page if you don't need javascript to make changes on the front-end. For CMSB, you would probably need to make a plugin that creates a page with its menu entry in the CMSB and then treat it as the front-end page.

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

Hi, Leo.

I like the look of something like Google Calendar, but I was hoping for something that's pretty easy for me to implement. I'm a graphic designer rather than a developer, so my technical skills are a bit limited. I'm fine with using CMSB's basic features, though.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi, Greg.

Thanks for this suggestion. Something that looks like this would be great: https://fullcalendar.io/releases/fullcalendar/3.9.0/demos/basic-views.html

I haven't read the documentation yet, but - in your opinion - would you consider this a fairly straightforward solution for someone like me to integrate into CMSB? I.e. someone who isn't all that technically adept. I'm okay with handling CMSB's primary functionality.

Cheers,

Nigel

By gregThomas - June 8, 2018

Hey Nigel,

I'm not sure of your skill level with CMS Builder, but if you understand how to create a use the json_encode function, in conjunction with the getRecords function you should be able to get this system setup. I think the easier method to get full calendar working is using the event feed system:

https://fullcalendar.io/docs/events-json-feed

Full Calendar includes an example feed.php file, but it's not that well documented. 

This is something we could set up for you if you'd like, it wouldn't take us long to integrate. If you'd like a price for the integration, you can send an email to consulting@interactivetools.com.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com