Newsletter Plugin with existing members

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 5, 2018   (RSS)

By Toledoh - February 11, 2018 - edited: February 11, 2018

Hi Guys.

I've installed the newsletter plugin and configured to use the members table which is used by the membership plugin

nm-manage.php works fine for new subscribers, however if I try to subscribe with an email address that already exists in the members table, the confirmation link is not generated correctly.  Is there a suggested way to handle this?

Maybe we cold add the "subscribe" code to the user-profile.php somehow?  We wouldn't need the email confirmation process for this as we've already authenticated them via the membership plugin.

I haven't tested, but wondering what would happen if a person "subscribed" via the newsletter plugin and then later became a "member" via the membership plugin?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - March 5, 2018

Hi Tim, 

If you can email the steps to reproduce the issue where the confirmation link isn't created correctly we could look into that and see what the issue is.

And yes, for integrating with existing membership systems where a confirmation email isn't required, the simplest is just to add some code to set the subscribed flag (and any other fields) manually during the signup and/or edit profile code.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Toledoh - March 5, 2018

Thanks Dave.

I'm just going to use the membership plugin with the user-profile.php having the newsletter components, and not use the newsletter plugin and double opt-in process at all.  I'm not sure if there's an bug when using both, but I expect it's more my logic that's causing me issues :).

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)