Image uploads without flash

7 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 2, 2018   (RSS)

By kitsguru - December 15, 2017

any timeline on when flash will be replaced with a good multi-image upload mechanism?

Jeff Shields

By jenolan - December 15, 2017

Uploadify has a html 5 version maybe Dave will consider that soonish ;-) ... the flash uploader is from uploadify too.

---
<?= "Jenolan(Larry) :: Coding Since 1973" ?>
Peace and Long Life

By Twocans - February 20, 2018

Were you to have an image uploader, it would be great were one able to also be able to have a watermark added to an image were it required.

cheers

Kenny

By Deborah - March 2, 2018

Add an image crop feature and I'll be way too happy!

And if the crop feature allows me to set predefined constraints on width-to-height ratio when setting the image sizing/details... wow!

~ Deborah

By Damon - March 2, 2018

Hi Deborah,

Setting a predefined image crop (width and height) was added to CMS Builder in version 3.06.

For one of the thumbnail options, you check the crop checkbox and the image will be cropped to the set width and height.

Then you can use the cropped image just like you would any other thumbnail.

Is this what you had in mind?

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Deborah - March 2, 2018

Hey, Damon.

Yes, I aware of and have sites currently taking advantage of that cropping feature. It works beautifully and I'm very happy to have that.

The issue I run into often is with sites where various admins are posting photos that aren't cropped nicely to start. They'll upload a photo with way too much sky or background clutter. Without allowing them to select the area to crop, it's possible to "lose a  head" (especially in a vertical shot) or crop out the focus of the image altogether if the cropping is dead center, as it is with the existing feature.

Allowing for the person uploading to choose the crop region would be ideal.

~ Deborah