High website traffic error issues

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 14, 2017   (RSS)

By zip222 - December 13, 2017

I am currently developing a new site and I am seeing the "high website traffic" error message page a few times per day. It always goes away and soon as I refresh the page. We have updated the max connections to 600 but it is still happening. We are also not seeing anything in the server logs.

I am concerned because I am getting this now and I'm the only one actively viewing the site. Once the site goes live, this error will likely appear often.

Is there something else I could try?

By wizzle - December 13, 2017

Zip,

I suffered this same fate and posted about it here...

https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?page=1&Need-Help-ASAP-High-website-traffic-error-message-80314

I tried for many many hours to working on every possible solution I could conceive of. Ultimately what solved the problem was moving to a new hosting company. My client had insisted that I use his existing host (yahoo).  As soon as I transferred the site to my own hosting company the problem was solved.

Not sure if that's the same experience for you, but hope that's helpful.  Good luck man.

Greg Williams

By zip222 - December 13, 2017

Thanks. I actually read through this post earlier. 

I tried these debugging solutions but they didn't work for me because my connection issues only exist very briefly. The issue always goes away the next time I hit refresh. 

Thanks though!

By Dave - December 14, 2017

Hi Zip222, 

Next time it happens can you copy and paste the error message after "The database error given was:" and post it here?

That error should help indicate exactly what is going on.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By zip222 - December 14, 2017

Dave,

Here you go...

The database error given was:
2002 - a connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond.

Attachments:

unnamed.png 120K

By zip222 - December 14, 2017

Thanks. I will see what I can find out.

It's a cloud-based plan with asphostportal.com

Jason