Website membership question to review private data per username

By Jesus - November 2, 2017

Hello,

I'm planning a website and I have a few questions for the Website Membership Plugin.

I'll be importing some data from a text file into a CMS table, this data will have financial information. I'll like to get my Website Membership plugin to display the information for each username privately. Example:

Section name: Balance card

Inside this section, each username will be able to see and check their OWN balance and their movements up to date (I'll get this info from the imported data).

Is this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction on how can I do something like this while using the Website Membership plugin?

Thanks in advance!

Jesus

By gkornbluth - November 6, 2017 - edited: November 6, 2017

Hi Jesus,

Sounds like a real privacy issue.

Would it be possible to add the financial data to fields in the accounts database itself? Then you could easily restrict access more easily.

Don't forget to back up at least your accounts table before mucking around, or better yet set up a test CMSB installation and work with that one.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Jesus - November 6, 2017

Thank you Jerry.

Well, basically I can probably make a where statement.

Something like display all records just for this username/member and then do the math I need from those records. The thing here will be to create that where statement using the dynamic username/member as obviously that will change for each specific username.

Is that possible? Is there any example doing something like this using this plugin?

Thank you!

Jesus

By Jesus - November 7, 2017

Thank you again Jerry,

Will try to start making some tests and see how it goes. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Jesus

By gkornbluth - November 7, 2017

Great! I look forward to finding out how you accomplished the task, and will include it in the CMSB Cookbook (crediting you of course...).

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php