Section Search - query on list items

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 28, 2017   (RSS)

By Toledoh - September 21, 2017

Hi All.

I have a field list called "type" and in the CMSB > section > searching I want to be able to find multiple types.  I've tried using Type | type | query, however as the field is a list, it give me a drop-down rather than a text field.

ie.  I want to find a reservation that is not "wedding", so I should be able to search for " - wedding"?

Or.  I need to be able to "multi-select" so I can choose multiple types (the types that are not wedding)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By JeffC - September 23, 2017

Apologies for jumping in on this thread with an unrelated question.

I have a client in Australia that is looking for a reputable host provider. He currently uses crazy domains whose service, in his experience is unreliable.  Toledoh, I notice you are in Australia, can you recommend anyone.

Sorry again for jumping in. I looked but I don't think you can send a direct message to other users on this forum, and assumed you would probably be following your own question!

Jeff

By Toledoh - September 23, 2017

Sure thing. Send me an email tim@toledoh.com.au. 

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - September 28, 2017

Thanks Dave.

That Multi-select works great.  I'll try the patch shortly.

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - September 28, 2017

Hey Dave.

I think it's working, but as the "type" field is a list, the values are the num rather than the label...

Not urgent now, as the multi-select works.  But happy to keep going if your perfectionist side kicks in :)

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - September 28, 2017

Hmm, yea that is the way they're stored.  We'd have to do some more work to be able to search on the labels.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com