406 Not Acceptable in Section Editor

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 21, 2017   (RSS)

By Mikey - September 20, 2017 - edited: September 21, 2017

I have a section editor which has a field called "redirect" in where I can add a website address and redirect the the page to a different section of a website or to an external website when a link is clicked. This has worked flawlessly for years.

I created an additional text field called "partners" to enter website addresses like http://domain.com

When I try to save a record with a web address place in the field I get the following error message.

406 Not Acceptable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Acceptable</h1>
<p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cmsb/admin.php could not be found on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

When I deleted the text field called "partners" the error message didn't appear again on save, and when I add the text field "partners" back it throws the error again.

Curios if anyone else has had similar issues, and any ideas what the issue is and how to fix?

Zicky

By Dave - September 21, 2017

Hi Zicky, 

Yea, it's probably a server issue related to mod_security or a related feature.

Try renaming the partners field to something else, and try saving different content.  See if you can minimize the content that it takes to trigger the 406 error.  Often we do this and find we can trigger the error just by adding something like ?partners=http://domain.com to ANY url on a site.  Then it makes it really easy to forward that example to the web host when asking them to fix it.  

Also, you can check if any deteected security modules are running under: Admin > General > Security Modules (at the bottom)

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com